Whale 1793 Engraved Scrimshaw Bone Box
Begun by sailors working on whaling ships out of New England, scrimshaw may be the only art form that originated in America. Our scrimshaw is created by etching varying designs on genuine ox bone. Perfect for holding jewelry, keys and keepsakes.
All Sales Final.
Details & Dimensions
- Antique reproduction scrimshaw bone box with removable lid and green felt-lined interior.
- Dimensions: 6-1/4" x 3-1/4" x 1-1/2"
- Antiqued brass hinges, lid latch and green felt-lined interior.
- Natural, authentic ox bone tiles inlaid on a durable wood-composite base.
- Hand polished to enhance the coloring and striations of the ox bone.
- Slight ox bone color variations enhance the beauty and individuality of each box so that no two bone boxes are alike.
- Sealed with bone powder and epoxy, lacquer-coated and hand-polished.
- Engraved in our shop in the USA!
Please allow 1-2 weeks for order processing and 7-10 business days for transit.
For more information see our Shipping + Returns.